It’s the design of the future……or is it?
The robot taxi has no driver, instead the vehicle is operated by a computer. Robot taxis can seat two passengers with hand luggage and are ideally suited for large cities filled with congestion. If you need use them, a rider would call the operator, who would dispatch a taxi to their location. Once inside, the rider would enter their destination into the on-board computer and voila! (We hope!!)
The design team believes that the taxi could travel at speeds up to 90 km/h and run for 20 hrs using two electric motors.
- Electric cabs are good for the environment
- Reduces costs to the customer
- Takes up little space.
- Easily vandalised
- What happens if it gets lost or crashes?
- Puts a driver out of a job
- Robs the customer of cabbie chat. How else are we to get the latest news and opinion?